Panel Discussion: What can IRPs learn from the Sell Side?
Webinar on demand
We recently published a report on the current differences in operational and commercial models between IRPs and the Sell Side. In reaction to the interest in this topic we hosted a virtual panel discussion to examine the issues raised in more detail.
Our panellists hailed from both the UK and USA and from the IRP community and the Sell Side:
- Peter Holmes, COO, Absolute Strategy Research
- Nicholas Mather, CEO, TS Lombard
- Courtney Oldham, Managing Director, Capital Alpha Partners
- Simon White, Co-founder, Variant Perception
- Chair: Cath Rawcliffe, VP, Sales and Marketing, Singletrack
The panel session covered:
- Differences in client strategy (segmentation, aligning service effort to revenue, matching interest to content etc)
- The pros and cons of bundling of research and analyst time
- New product sets and new content (ESG, alt data etc) - how fast can firms move, do sell side firms have the edge here?
- Using technology to target prospective clients - is there a difference in scale and approach?